With the 4th of July holiday just days away most of us probably have plans to attend BBQs, watch fireworks and hit up the beach! Continue reading to learn about some 4th of July stats!
A study from the Statistic Brain Research Institute broke down the 4th of July by the numbers. Research found that based on 2016 numbers:
- 80% of people will attend a barbeque, picnic or cookout
- A whopping 150,000,000 hot dogs will be consumed
- 700 million pounds of chicken will be purchased
- 190 million pounds of red meat / pork will be purchased
- 63% of people will attend a fireworks display
- 66% of people will display an American flag
- 76% of people will get together with family
A staple of at many of these 4th of July BBQs and get-togethers will be red and blue 4th of July themed plastic plates, bowls and cups made from various types of plastic to hold all of the hot dogs, chicken and red meat/pork consumed over the holiday. This year while you’re enjoying yourself, don’t forget to recycle! The 2015/ 2016 Centralized Study on Availability of Recycling reported that over 60% of the US population has access to recycling programs that accept PET, HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE and PP materials in various forms.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July Weekend from your friends at Impact Plastics!
Want more information about our products and services? Contact our team!